All ARTIS visitors need a start time. Start times and entry tickets can only be booked online using a Mijn ARTIS account. This will prevent long queues at the box office and crowds at the main entrance. The health and safety of our visitors, staff and animals are paramount. You can stay in ARTIS from the beginning of your start time until closing time.
You can make a reservation through your Mijn ARTIS account. Click on the button below to go to Mijn ARTIS.
Start times can be booked two weeks into the future. New start times can be found online on the ARTIS website.
Measures within ARTIS
In addition to the mandatory start times, a number of measures have been taken within ARTIS.
- ARTIS complies with the policy of the government, the local security region and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). Micropia follows the appeal of the Mayor of Amsterdam and advises visitors of 13 years and older to wear a face mask in the museum.
- There is a maximum of 30 visitors per show allowed in the Planetarium.
- Most indoor enclosures are accessible, but check the frequently asked questions for current updates.
- Social distancing will be tricky on some paths. For this reason, we have separated the entrance and exit and turned narrow paths into one-way paths. Furthermore, we have marked out boxes in busy spots. Keeping to these will ensure you maintain the right distance.
- ARTIS will also be cleaned more frequently and we have installed extra hand-washing stations in the Park. To accommodate social distancing, we have moved the seats in outdoor seating areas and other areas within ARTIS further apart.
- It's not possible to pay with cash at ARTIS. All payments are contactless.
ARTIS complies with the policy of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). As a consequence, you should only visit ARTIS with your family or with members of your household (as per RIVM guidance), or with a group with a maximum of 4 people which are not a part of the same household. Please stay at home if you are in the high-risk category or are experiencing symptoms of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, fever or temperature above 38 °C. Please also stay at home if one of your family members is experiencing these symptoms.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any further questions regarding your visit, please see the frequently asked questions .